JEE Main Rank 2016 – JoSAA 2016: JEE Main 2016 All India Rank (JEE Main AIR 2016) to be released today at the official website of JEE Main and JoSAA i.e. www.jeemain.nic.in and www.josaa.nic.in. JEE Main 2016 exam was successfully conducted by CBSE on 3rd April’ 2016 for PBT mode and on 9th and 10th April CBT mode and around 12 Lakh candidates appeared for the exam.
JEE Main Rank card indicating All India Rank (AIR), State Rank (SR) and category rank (CR) with total marks and marks in each paper will be available on the official website on the declaration of on-line result. Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) to National Institutes of Technology ( NITs ) / Indian Institutes of Information Technology ( IIITs ) / Central Funded Technical Institute ( CFTIs ) / SFIs and others, while other ranks are for information purposes.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2016 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 92 institutes for the academic year 2016-17. This includes 22 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform. All seats will be filled up on the basis of AIR obtained in JEE Mains 2016. The list will be prepared by normalisation process – giving 60% weightage to JEE Main score and 40% weightage to marks scored in Class 12th.
The direct link to log on the JoSAA website for JEE Main Rank 2016 is provided below:
Schedule of Events of JoSAA 2016
- 23 June 2016 – Joint Apex Board declares JEE (Main) 2016 AIRs
- 24 June 2016 – Candidates registration and fill-in their choices of academic programs begins
- 27 June 2016 – Display of mock seat allocation based on the choices filled-in by candidates as of 26 June 2016, 17:00 IST
- 28 June 2016 – Candidates registration and fill-in their choices of academic programs ends
- 29 June 2016 – Reconcile the data, allocate seats, verify and validate
- 30 June 2016 – Seat allocation (1st round). Four or Five days Acceptance of seat (1st round)