Google For India announces YouTube Go, Google Stations and 2G Ready. Tech Giant’s vision for India is to focuse on providing fast Wi-Fi to everyone and to save internet data. Thus it has announced its new application “YouTube Go” with a tagline “Mazze Udao Data Nahi”. The best thing about the app is that it will also work with slow internet speed.
Google For India
Users can watch and download YouTube videos. It will save data too because a big data consumed on YouTube while watching videos. This app will be beneficial for those places where internet connectivity is very weak.
YouTube Go and 2G Ready:
The company announced YouTube app in the program #GoogleForIndia which was organized in Delhi. Google also turned 18th on 27 Sept 2016. Youtube’s product management vice president Johanna Wright said “YouTube Go is a new app and next generation’s user can share and enjoy the videos through it”.
The company have also announced that to make users experience good now Videos will be seen on 2G internet connection without buffering. Still the official launch dates are not confirmed. You can signup to know when it will be launched. The google play store will be optimized for 2G connections.
- Around 35 crores internet users are there in India till yet and there is a possibility that users will be increased to 65 crores till 2020.
- 30 crores smart-phones users are there in India.
What’s new in the app:
- Users can watch popular videos on main screen and through search option
- Able to watch preview before downloading the video thus internet data will be saved.
- Downloading will be compressed so users can watch more videos in less data.
- App also includes feature of Wi-Fi direct.
Google Stations and Free Wi-Fi to everyone facility:
Google is also working to provide free internet access to the everyone so it is offering free wi fi stations i.e. Google Stations in many places. The public Wi-Fi station initiative has received 3.2 million active users. The total number of users who joined daily is 15,000. It also announces that under the google stations facility 52 railway stations across the country now offer free Wi-Fi. which will increased to 100 in future.
Hope every user with 2G connection will appreciate the efforts of google and internet facility will be available to everyone.