Author: Pankaj Sharma
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch it’s advanced weather satellite GSLV-F05 / INSAT-3DR today from second launch pad of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Harikota. The launch is underway right now and will be take place on 04:10 PM. The live telecast of the launch will be on DD 1 at 03:40 PM IST.
ISRO’s INSAT-3DR Launch
ISRO’s GSLV-MkII rocket will carry INSAT 3DR satellite to geostationary transfer orbit around the earth. INSAT 3DR is the part of INSAT 3D mission which was launched in the year of 2013.
Important Points about INSAT 3DR Satellite
- The launch mass of the satellite is 2211 kg. in which 1255 kg. is of propellants.
- The rocket GSLV-F05 used to carry INSAT 3DR satellite.
- The rocket is approx 49 meters high.
- It will give information about vertical changes of temperature, humidity and ozone content in atmosphere off the earth with better image and sea surface temperature.
- Indigenous cryogenic engine which is Cryogenic upper stage is used and integrated with the GSLV-F05.
- GSLV F05 is the Mk-III category rocket and its payload capacity of around 4,000 kg carry any satellite to geostationary transfer orbit.
- Launch of GSLV F05 will be 10th flight of India’s GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle).
GSLV-F05/INSAT-3DR Mission is scheduled to be launched on Sept08, 2016 at 16:10 hrs(IST)from SDSC,SHAR,Sriharikota.https://t.co/oznPtD36xf
— ISRO (@isro) September 2, 2016
ISRO’s weather Satellite INSAT 3DR launch at 4:10 PM IST: Countdown Begins is originally published at